Header Ads

3 Tips to Avoid Afternoon Tiredness

If there is one time of day when I always seem to drag and need a nap, it is always around 2:00-3:00 PM. I would love to say that I could just take a nap at this time (don’t we all) but with a baby, working, and trying to keep a family napping isn’t really an option and I am sure that it isn’t for you either. Here lately, I have been trying different things out to help me stay more alert during this time of day and I am actually seeing some improvements. Let me know if any of these tips work for you or if you have any other tips that I should add to this list as I am always looking for new ways to beat my afternoon tiredness.

Avoid dehydration

This one is a biggie for me! I can tell a huge difference in my energy levels when I have stayed hydrated by drinking my water and when I haven’t. If I don’t make a conscious effort to drink water throughout the day, it is very easy for me to forget and fill up on food and other drinks. To prevent fatigue, drink as many fluids as possible and remember to watch your caffeinated beverages as caffeine is naturally dehydrating.

Have a breakfast full of fiber

There have been numerous studies showing that fiber helps fight fatigue but I have also found that it helps keep me full throughout the day and when I have it first thing in the morning, I tend to eat less throughout the day as I’m not as hungry, so it is a double bonus. I love getting fiber from oatmeal, whole grain cereals, and berries.

Get in a quick workout

I don’t mean hit the gym or workout for an hour. Just a simple 5-10 minutes of stretching, walking outside, or simple exercises you can do in your office. A workout could even be taking the stairs instead of the elevator on your way back from lunch to get an afternoon pick-up. I have found just a few minutes of exercise or a quick mini-workout leaves me feeling energized and ready to conquer the rest of my day.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.